Dedicated, Focused, Aggressive Defense for Serious Charges in Cookeville, Tennessee
Serving clients throughout White County, Cumberland County and Putnam County
At The Law Offices of Dennis K. Douglas, we represent individuals facing allegations and charges of violent crimes, including assault, homicide, carjacking and weapons possession in Middle Tennessee’s state and federal courts. If you’re facing any charge involving a violent crime, you face an extensive prison sentence and significant hardship when — or if — you’re released. Dennis K. Douglas and his team in Cookeville, Tennessee are ready to offer an experienced, aggressive defense for the serious charges you face.
Working hard to get your charges reduced or dismissed
The Cookeville criminal defense team at The Law Office of Dennis K. Douglas understands the apprehension and confusion most people experience when they are exposed to our legal system for the first time. You may feel as though you have entered another world where everyone speaks a different language. At The Law Office of Douglas K. Dennis, the job of your criminal attorney is to provide straightforward advice and to keep you well-informed. We return telephone calls promptly, because we know how important answers are to you. And although the police and prosecutor involved in your case will do their best to secure your conviction, we’ll develop an aggressive defense strategy to ensure that you are treated fairly, and that your constitutional rights are respected.
We represent clients facing serious, violent felony and misdemeanor crime charges, including:
- Homicide: Any killing of a human is a homicide. In Tennessee, there are different levels of homicide — first-degree murder, second-degree murder, voluntary manslaughter, reckless homicide, criminally negligent homicide, vehicular homicide and felony murder. The Law Office of Douglas K. Dennis is experienced in defending and representing clients who are dealing with all the serious charges.
- Assault and battery: The most common forms of assault and battery are simple assault, aggravated assault, sexual battery, aggravated sexual battery, vehicular assault and domestic assault. If you intentionally injured someone or put someone in reasonable fear of injury, you may have committed one of the assault and/or battery crimes in Tennessee.
- Kidnapping: Kidnapping, false imprisonment and aggravated kidnapping involve unlawfully removing or confining someone without the person’s consent. Kidnapping involves significant risk of injury to the victim, and aggravated kidnapping involves the use of weapons or actual injury.
- Rape: Rape is a very serious charge. It is not only a felony, but it also carries all the penalties for sex offenses. Rape is the illegal sexual penetration of a victim.
- Theft: If a weapon is used, auto theft, carjacking, burglary, robbery and other thefts are violent crimes and carry the threat of serious jail time.
This list isn’t exhaustive — violent crimes are often defined as those that involve the use of force or a weapon.
For The Law Office of Douglas K. Dennis, the mission is to minimize the negative outcome of your case to the greatest extent possible. In addition, we know that all assault and homicide charges have defined elements that must be proved by a prosecutor for a conviction to be secured. We will work tirelessly to show the flaws in the prosecution’s case against you.
Get defense focused on your unique situation
Even a misdemeanor assault charge can have negative consequences that will follow an individual for many years. The Law Office of Douglas K. Dennis seeks to minimize or prevent the negative outcome as much as possible. If you or a family member is facing a violent crime charge, contact Douglas K. Dennis and his team at 931-528-3684 or online for a free initial consultation. We’re available to fight for your freedom 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Our office is located in Cookeville, Putnam County, Tennessee, and we serve clients in Crossville and Sparta, and throughout White and Cumberland counties.