A Track Record You Can Count On
Second Degree Murder Not Guilty
First Degree Murder/Shaken Baby/Abusive Head Trauma Not Guilty
Robbery Case Dismissed
Manufacture of Meth Case Dismissed
DUI Case Dismissed
Aggravated Sexual Battery Case Dismissed
DUI Penalty Reduced
DUI Case Dismissed
Domestic Assault Case Dismissed
DUI & Other Criminal Charges Penalties Reduced
Putnam County Theft Attorney
TN Lawyer Fighting to Protect Your Rights & Freedom
Since 2006, The Law Office of Douglas K. Dennis has provided experienced representation for clients accused of theft in Putnam County, Wilson County, and surrounding communities. We strive to help you understand the charges against you and the potential penalties, as well as your options for building a strong defense.
If you’ve been accused of theft, contact our Putnam County theft defense attorney online or by calling (931) 486-8823 now for a free consultation.
Penalties & Classes of Theft Crimes in Tennessee
There are varying levels of theft charges and penalties that depend on the value of stolen property.
- Penalties begin at up to a year in jail and up to $2,500 in fines for Class A misdemeanor theft, but can go as severe as Class B felony theft, which carries the possibility of 8-30 years in prison and up to $25,000 in fines.
Classes of theft crimes:
- Class A misdemeanor theft: property value of $1,000 or less.
- Class E felony theft: property value of more than$500 but less than$1,000.
- Class D felony theft: property value of $1,000 or more but less than$10,000.
- Class C felony theft: property value of $10,00 or more but less than$60,000.
- Class B felony theft is as high as it gets, involving amounts of $60,000 or more.
What is Petty Theft in Tennessee?
Petty theft is theft of property or services that are valued at $500 or less. Petty theft is generally charged as a Class A misdemeanor in Tennessee, which is punishable by up to one year in jail and a fine of up to $2,500. If the theft offense involved property with a value above $500, it is usually charged as a felony.
We Can Fight Your Theft Charges
The Law Office of Douglas K. Dennis focuses on criminal defense and strives to fight theft charges with compassion and respect for its clients.
It’s important to understand your case. That’s why we can help guide you through every step of the way while building a strong defense.
Contact us online or at (931) 486-8823 if you or someone you love was legally accused of theft in any amount. Our Putnam County theft defense attorney is ready to assist you.
The Quality You NeedWhy Hire Us?
Over a Decade of Experience
Exclusive Focus on Criminal Defense
1,000s of Criminal Charges Handled
Personalized One-on-One Representation