Second Degree Murder Not Guilty
First Degree Murder/Shaken Baby/Abusive Head Trauma Not Guilty
Robbery Case Dismissed
Manufacture of Meth Case Dismissed
DUI Case Dismissed
Aggravated Sexual Battery Case Dismissed
DUI Penalty Reduced
DUI Case Dismissed
Domestic Assault Case Dismissed
DUI & Other Criminal Charges Penalties Reduced
Fighting to Protect Your Rights & Future
Since 2006, The Law Office of Douglas K. Dennis has provided experienced representation for clients accused of theft in Putnam County, Wilson County, and surrounding communities. We strive to help you understand the charges against you and the potential penalties, as well as your options for building a strong defense.
Types of Theft: The Amount Matters
No one in our state is simply charged with “theft.” There are varying levels of theft charges – and penalties – that depend on the value of stolen property. Penalties begin at up to a year in jail and up to $2,500 in fines for Class A misdemeanor theft, but can go as severe as Class B felony theft, which carries the possibility of 8-30 years in prison and up to $25,000 in fines.
The value of property you’ve been accused of stealing matters:
- Class A misdemeanor theft is as low as it goes, involving property value of $1,000 or less.
- Class E felony theft involves property value of more than $500 but less than $1,000.
- Class D felony theft involves property value of $1,000 or more but less than $10,000.
- Class C felony theft involves property value of $10,00 or more but less than $60,000.
- Class B felony theft is as high as it gets, involving amounts of $60,000 or more.
What is Petty Theft in Tennessee?
Petty theft is theft of property or services that are valued at $500 or less. Petty theft is generally charged as a Class A misdemeanor in Tennessee, which is punishable by up to one year in jail and a fine of up to $2,500. If the theft offense involved property with a value above $500, it is usually charged as a felony.
We Can Fight Your Theft Charges
It’s important to understand your case. That’s why we can help guide you through every step of the way while building a strong defense.