First Degree Murder/Shaken Baby/Abusive Head Trauma Not Guilty
Second Degree Murder Not Guilty
Simple Possession of Marijuana Case Dismissed
Manufacture of Meth Case Dismissed
Rape No Charges
Robbery Case Dismissed
Sale, Manufacture and/or Deliver of Schedule VI Penalty Reduced
2 Counts of Aggravated Assault Case Dismissed
Aggravated Sexual Battery Case Dismissed
Domestic Assault Case Dismissed
Serious Representation for Serious Allegations
At The Law Office of Douglas K. Dennis, our focus is criminal defense in Putnam County and our neighboring counties. We have successfully defended clients accused of violent crimes through victories, case dismissals, mitigating charges, and negotiating plea deals. Each client we work with is treated as an individual with the dignity and compassion that many who face violent criminal charges often need most.
Protecting Your Rights in the Face of Violent Crime Charges
Our methods can help you when you need help the most. Depending on the alleged crime, you may face years in prison along with hefty fines upon your release – if you’re released at all. The state of Tennessee also still reserves capital punishment as an option for its most serious convictions.
We can help defend you against violent criminal charges including, but not limited to:
- Homicide, including first- and second-degree murder, voluntary manslaughter, and homicide caused by recklessness, negligence, or a vehicle
- Assault and battery, including simple and aggravated assault, sexual battery and aggravated sexual battery, domestic assault, and vehicular assault
- Kidnapping, including aggravated kidnapping, false imprisonment, and unlawful removal/confinement of someone without his or her consent
- Rape and other violent sex crimes
- Shaken baby syndrome
- Violence alleged during the commission of a non-violent crime such as theft
Helping Clients Since 2006
Since 2006, The Law Office of Douglas K. Dennis has helped its clients fight their violent crime charges. We offer a personalized approach to building your defense while explaining the process and helping you make sense of this difficult time.
We represent clients throughout the following counties:
- Putnam County
- Wilson County
- Overton County
- Cumberland County
- White County
- DeKalb County
- Smith County
- Jackson County
If you’ve been charged with a violent crime, call us immediately at (931) 486-8823 for an experienced Putnam County violent crime defense attorney.