Second Degree Murder Not Guilty
First Degree Murder/Shaken Baby/Abusive Head Trauma Not Guilty
Robbery Case Dismissed
Manufacture of Meth Case Dismissed
DUI Case Dismissed
Aggravated Sexual Battery Case Dismissed
DUI Penalty Reduced
DUI Case Dismissed
Domestic Assault Case Dismissed
Murder Charge Dismissed Charge Dismissed
White County Criminal Defense Attorney
If you’re battling criminal accusations, our dedicated team at The Law Office of Douglas K. Dennis will do whatever it takes to put up an aggressive fight for your freedom. The feeling of uncertainty and fear is understandable in these situations, and our mission to protect your well-being and reputation remains at the forefront of everything we do. We listen intently to your story. Then, we work tirelessly to produce a hard-hitting case that gains the best reward of all: Your happiness.
Don’t navigate the confusing criminal justice system on your own. In fact, it’s risky to undergo a criminal conviction without a focused, successful advocate on your side. Our White County criminal defense lawyer has guided clients through the toughest times in their criminal cases, where they felt hopeless and vulnerable as they entered an unfamiliar and intimidating process. However, with our personalized one-on-one representation, exclusive focus on criminal defense and fierce advocacy, clients feel calm and confident in a favorable outcome.
Criminal Cases We Represent
We fight criminal cases ranging from misdemeanors to felonies in White County, including:
- Domestic violence
- Drug crimes
- Juvenile crimes
- Sex crimes
- Shaken baby allegations
- Theft crimes
- Violent crimes
No matter the severity, you can count on us. We’ve earned an excellent reputation for fighting countless criminal convictions ranging from misdemeanors to felonies. Our success continues to excel through referrals from satisfied clients.
In Tennessee, misdemeanors are classified as:
- Class A (domestic assault, possession of marijuana, and DUIs): Carries a jail sentence of up to 11.5 months and fines of up to $2,500
- Class B misdemeanors (reckless driving and prostitution): Carries a jail sentence of up to 6 months and fines of up to $500
- Class C misdemeanors (speeding, wildlife violations, and petty theft): Carries a jail sentence of up to 1 month and fines of up to $50
Felonies result in more severe penalties:
- Class A felonies: Punishable with a minimum of 15 years but not more than 60 years in prison and a fine not exceeding the sum of $50,000 unless the law states otherwise
- Class B felonies: May result in a prison term with a minimum of 8 years and a maximum of 30 years with an additional fine of up to $25,000
- Class C felonies: Carries a minimum of 3 years and a maximum of 15 years in prison and a possible $10,000 fine
- Class D felonies: Can result in 2 years but not more than 12 years in prison and a potential fine of up to $5,000
- Class E felonies: May be punishable with a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 6 years in prison and a fine of no more than $3,000
- Capital offenses: Faces penalties such as death and life imprisonment
Our Team Is Devoted to Winning Your Case
With our strong and effective legal counsel on your side, you can trust that we will take all matters into our own hands and execute a stellar case. Don’t allow too much time to pass before contacting our White County criminal defense attorney. Our firm takes your situation seriously and must strategize every component of your criminal case as early as possible to achieve a favorable outcome.
We proudly serve areas throughout White County. Call us at (931) 486-8823 for your free case review today.