Experienced Cookeville, Tennessee Criminal Defense Lawyer
Protecting your rights in Putnam, White and Cumberland counties
Being charged with a crime can have a tremendous effect on your personal and professional life. A guilty verdict may mean jail time and hefty fines — not to mention trouble finding a job and obtaining a loan, and even losing the right to vote. There’s one Middle Tennessee law firm you can turn to in a crisis like this — The Law Office of Douglas K. Dennis, located in Cookeville, Tennessee and serving the people of Putnam, White and Cumberland counties. With the experience to aggressively fight for you in the courtroom — while treating you with compassion and respect — Douglas K. Dennis and his team are prepared to fight for your freedom every day.
Aggressive criminal defense for everyone in Middle Tennessee
The Law Office of Douglas K. Dennis is focused on criminal defense — that’s all we do. We know how confusing it can be to face the justice system in Tennessee, whether you’re charged with a state or federal crime. We’ve made it our job to explain the charges and what we can do, and to give straightforward, clear advice.
If you face the scary situation of being charged with one or several crimes, you need an experienced criminal attorney who understands criminal law and has successfully defended clients in Cookeville, Sparta and Crossville against such charges as:
- DUI: Being charged with Driving under the Influence (DUI) can have debilitating consequences. In Tennessee, the blood alcohol content limit is .08 percent — any more than that and it is considered a DUI. Even for a first offense, you can face hundreds of dollars in fines, time in jail, loss of your driver’s license, and much more.
- Juvenile offenses: The laws, legal processes and defense strategies for juvenile offenses are different from those pertaining to adults. At our firm, we know you’re worried about what your child may face and what can be done. Douglas K. Dennis and his team have the background and experience to properly represent juveniles in the Tennessee juvenile court system.
- Felonies and misdemeanors: The Law Office of Douglas K. Dennis represents clients accused of major crimes — felonies — and misdemeanors. Felonies and misdemeanors include arson, white collar crime, drug possession and burglary.
- Sexual offenses and Internet sex crimes: We work tirelessly to protect our clients’ privacy and rights regardless of the alleged sexual offense, and we treat every client with honor and dignity. We ensure that the investigation and trial are handled properly and fiercely defend our clients’ freedom.
- Violent crimes: We defend clients accused of violent crimes, including murder, manslaughter, assault, battery, and gun and weapon offenses.
Get the benefits of working with an experienced criminal defense law firm
Tennessee law does not require you to hire an attorney to defend yourself, but your freedom and your life may depend on it. At The Law Office of Douglas K. Dennis, we do one thing — criminal defense. Our office is located in Cookeville, Putnam County, Tennessee, and we serve clients in Crossville and Sparta, and throughout White and Cumberland counties. If you’ve been accused of a crime or are facing charges for an offense, contact our office at 931-528-3684 or online for a free initial consultation. We’re available to fight for your freedom 24 hours a day, seven days a week.